Kathmandu Coast to Coast media accreditation
All media attending the Kathmandu Coast to Coast multi-sport event must apply for accreditation.
A small targeted group of media with a national and international reach are hosted while other approved accredited media are authorised to attend the event in an official capacity.
Accredited media receive:An accreditation pass that allows access to the following areas:
- Finish line chute areas – designated media interview and work areas
- Pre event media briefing at Kumara Racecourse – access to key athletes post briefing
- Media helicopter flights (a safety briefing must be attended on Thursday in Kumara)*
- Access to key parts of the course (strict guidelines must be followed in regard to road closures, cycling, mountain and river stages)
- Access to media/sponsors car parking
- Access to media work areas at key locations during the event; Klondyke Corner and New Brighton finish line (includes access to event wifi)
*Helicopter access is not guaranteed. Priority given to media with vision and imagery as a focus.
All accredited media must wear their high-res bibs and/or lanyards. Media must respect all other road users. The competitors’ and public safety is paramount. The actions of media are a reflection on the event.
Media must not abuse their media profile or ignore the road rules. Media do not have any extra privileges or right of way. However, where possible, officials will make concessions for media and sponsor vehicles.
Accredited media receive build-up communication, including media releases and media leads, from the event’s Media Manager.
If you wish to be considered for media accreditation for the 2018 Coast to Coast please apply by 8 January 2018 by email to email@example.com – please cc in firstname.lastname@example.org; answering the following questions below - after key dates.
Once received, applications will be considered and you will be notified as to whether you have been granted media accreditation for the Kathmandu Coast to Coast.
- Media accreditation closes MONDAY 8 January 2018
- Kumara Racecourse; media accreditation sign in: Thursday 8 February 2.30pm
- Kumara Racecourse; Media briefing: panel discussion Thursday 8 February 3.30pm
- Kumara Racecourse; Media helicopter safety briefing: Thursday 8 February time TBC
- Greymouth; hosted media dinner, Paroa Hotel (TBC): Thursday 8 February
- Kumara Beach Two Day event race: Friday 9 February
- Kumara Beach One Day event race start: Saturday 10 February
- Prize giving Sunday Addington Raceway: Sunday 11 February
Media accreditation will close on MONDAY 8 January 2018.
Media enquiries: please contact John McKenzie at enthuse media & events
021 384 730