All you need to know about the race and the required and compulsory equipment can be found in the Competitors handbook – Handbooks are updated with full details and are specific to each event - make sure you download the correct handbook and let us know if we have missed anything.
Please make sure you check for any updates to the handbook and rules in January prior to departing for the race.
Kayak hire can be organised by contacting one of the following kayak businesses:
|Canoe & Kayak - North Shore||Ascension Place
Mairangi Bay, North Shore, Auckland
Tel: (+64) 09 479 1002
|Fergs Kayaks - Auckland||12 Tamaki Drive, Okahu Bay, Auckland
Tel: (+64) 09 529 2230
|The Boatshed Kayaks - Cambridge||21 Amber Lane, RD2, Lake Karapiro, Cambridge
Tel: Office - 07 827 8286 or Richard – 027 275 8724
|Paddler Zone - Christchurch||311b Blenheim Road, Upper Riccarton, Christchurch
Tel: (+64) 03 341 3017
|Topsport Kayaking - Christchurch|
Tel: (+64) 27 3163879
Please also note that most campervans cannot be fitted with roof racks for kayaks so alternative transport arrangements need to be made such as a second vehicle if hiring a campervan as your support vehicle.
Find or Hire out a Kayak
Advertise a kayak for hire or advertise what you're looking to hire.
Terms and Conditions
This page is a web-based service, designed to assist competitors in finding a kayak. It must only be used for that purpose.
By submitting information to or using this site you agree that:
- The Coast to Coast, the organisers, or their agents are not responsible for any financial costs or the results of any actions taken on the basis of information on this site, nor any errors or omissions.
- Information you have posted is true and correct.
- We reserve the right not to post your information.
- We reserve the right to edit information submitted.
- Entering information does not guarantee that you will find a kayak or hirer.
- You must inform us at email@example.com of any changes in circumstances.
- You must inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org when you have found a kayak.
- You are solely responsible for finding a kayak or hirer.
- The hirer is responsible for ensuring the kayak being hired is suitable for your level of skill.
Current Competitors looking for a Kayak
I am planning on competing in the Coast to Coast 2018, and would appreciate if someone is prepared to hire a kayak for the one day event. I am currently based in Tasmania and if successful securing a boat i would possibly try to borrow a similar boat locally to train in. Cheers Chris McFadzean
|Julia van Eeden||NZ||
I'm a kiwi girl looking to loan a kayak to train on and use for the C2C 2019. Depending on the price I may be interested in buying however I'm planning on going on my OE in a couple years time so a loaning type arrangement would be ideal if possible.
A friend and I are competing in the Coast to Coast 2018 and looking for a 2 person kayak to hire for the two day event. We will coming over from Sydney and renting a car. Being able to rent a suitable roof rack would also be a bonus. Thanks! Will Marks
Looking for beginner kayak (and gear) to hire/buy for C2C 2019 training. Wellington based, but can travel lower North Island.
Current Kayaks available for hire
To request your details to be included above, email us with your details and either what type of kayak you are looking for what what kayak you have available - email@example.com
Tandem Kayak Hire
2 Barracuda A R Duo tandem kayaks (same ones that will be supplied for the Tandem section) are available to hire to qualified instructors taking clients on a training course or competitors that have a Coast to Coast Grade 2 Kayaking Skills Certificate. Kayaks can be picked up from Top Sport Kayaking in Christchurch and need to be returned back in a clean and undamaged condition, further collection instructions will be provided once a booking is confirmed. Hire is only for the gear only (kayak & spray deck) and does not include any instructions or tutorial, the hirer must be competent to safely use the gear on their own and supply other safety equipment including PFD and paddle.
Day hire rate is $150 per kayak plus $50 refundable damage deposit.
2 day / weekend rate is $250 per kayak plus $50 refundable damage deposit.
Please contact us for longer periods.
Complete the booking form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Boatshed Kayaks have a fleet of Barracuda AR Duos available for training.
- Varying bike models suitable to height and experience
- A selection of pedals, seats and handle bar choices
- Specially priced package so it is affordable for everyone to try
- A bike safety warranty service so that the bikes are race fit